The flu vaccine helps a person’s immune system to produce antibodies to the flu virus.
Book an appointment
We have commenced our Flu Vaccination program for 2023/2024 season. This year as last we will also be offering Covid Vaccine to eligible patients. Both vaccines may be given together and on last years’ experience, we found that a lot of our patients were happy to go with this choice. Many patients will be covered free of charge for Flu vaccine, simply ring the pharmacy and ask, we can then book an appointment for you.
HSE Influenza Vaccination Campaign 2023/2024
The National Immunisation Office have confirmed that the following groups will be eligible for a free HSE flu vaccine as part of the 2023/2024 seasonal influenza vaccination campaign:
- All children aged 2-12 years at the time of vaccination
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- Those aged 6 to 23 months and aged 13-64 years with:
- Healthcare workers including all General Practice and pharmacy staff
- Residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
- Carers and household contacts of people with increased medical risk**
- People with regular contact with pigs, poultry or water fowl
** Only household contacts or carers of people who have an underlying chronic health condition or have Down syndrome are eligible to receive an influenza vaccine.